Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) downplayed former President Donald Trump’s alarming remarks about urging Russia to “do whatever the hell they want” to other NATO countries.

“He doesn’t talk like a traditional politician,” Rubio said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” with Jake Tapper. “We’ve already been through this. You think people would have figured it out.”

At a Saturday rally in Conway, South Carolina, Trump, a NATO critic, said that the alliance was “busted” until his presidency. Trump also recounted a discussion with an unspecified “president of a big country,” specifically claiming he would support a Russian attack against members that didn’t pay enough for defense spending.

“No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want,” Trump, who has, ironically, been scrutinized for not paying bills, said.

• dharwin@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

“He doesn’t talk like a traditional politician,” Rubio said Sunday

That’s right, he talks like a fucking moron, because he is a fucking moron.

• nilloc
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

If it talks like a traitorous piece of shit, and sells classified documents like a traitorous piece of shit, it’s probably a traitorous piece of shit.

• GraniteM@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Sunday: Trump: I shit my pants!

Monday: Trump Defender: He didn’t really shit pants. <= We are here.

Tuesday: Trump: I shit my pants more than anyone else, and anyone who says otherwise is a fucking idiot!

• Semi-Hemi-Demigod@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Wednesday: Facing pressure from their pants-shitting base, every Republican in Congress purposely shits their pants at a press conference

Thursday: Trump’s poll numbers go up because he got them to shit their pants

Friday: I drink even more.

• GraniteM@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Saturday: After a vicious wave of diaper rash cripples their representatives, Republicans accuse Democrats of deliberately allowing them all to shit their pants.

• Semi-Hemi-Demigod@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          6 months ago

Sunday: Democrats apologize for not preventing the Republicans from getting diaper rash, offer to subsidize diaper rash ointment.

Next Monday: Republicans reject Democratic ointment as a deep state conspiracy, use bleach instead. Viral videos of people pouring bleach on their enflamed groins are posted to Parler.

• LocoOhNo@lemmus.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Republicans will tell you that Trump “Says what he means” until he says something that might interfere with the money they’re fleecing from millions of Americans

After that it’s always “That’s not what he meant…”

Same as the Christian apologists that will make something up out of whole cloth when what the Bible actually says undermines what they’re saying about the group they hate this week.

Cowards and liars, the lot of them.

• Zombiepirate@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Let’s dispel with this fiction that Marco Rubio doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing.

• NegativeLookBehind@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

For no other reason than to test what should be happening to this traitorous fucking rat, I wish we could sort of “copy” Trumps situation into a normal person. A normal person with all his legal/financial problems, accusations, the evidence against him, etc. I just want to know what would happen if the law wasn’t a two faced bitch. Because I can almost guarantee that, without the cult of personality or the political backing, republicans would be calling for this normal person to be swinging in the gallows.