Tesla was so swamped with complaints about driving ranges that it created a secret team to cancel owners’ service appointments, source says::To suppress the volume of complaints the automaker created a secret “Diversion Team” in Las Vegas to cancel appointments, Reuters reported.

• MowFord@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

But it’s addressing the same thing, no? The number it displays is the epa range and any state of charge. I prefer to just show a percentage but either way it’s understood to be an estimate. If you want a true value just enter a destination (you can do a multi leg trip as well)

Also this article is so vague it’s almost useless. I highly doubt this team was just straight up closing service tickets; so more than likely they trained a single team on the talking points of the display number vs real world and thus improved efficiency with service tickets. The article even admits the cars didn’t need any actual service

I said it in another reply but it’s not unlike a phone telling you it has 12 hours remaining, but then you play a graphically intense game and it dies in 2. The margins are much smaller here but the point is still valid

• givesomefucks@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

They made the numbers less accurate because people complained real distance per charge isn’t what’s advertised.

I have no idea why so many keep bending over backwards to make fraud seem normal.

But if you’ve read this whole thread and still don’t get it, I don’t think I’m going to keep trying.