• AlteredStateBlob@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

I was donating until I got an email telling me to donate more signed by their CEO or something who earns a couple hundred thousand a year.

Mind, I wasn’t opted into communcation like that. Only updates and news this was neither. If their new CEO cleans house and refocuses as they said they will, I will consider renewing my donations again.

• Orbituary@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

A couple hundred thousand is a pittance if he’s keeping shit together. When CEOs push 500 to over a million at a nonprofit, that’s absurdity.

• Deceptichum@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

She received 6.9 million dollars in 2022 and 5 million in 2021, 3 million in 2020.

CEOs are scum who do not earn anywhere near close to that. They should be lucky to get a couple hundred thousand.

And fuck Firefox having the nerve to ask for donations.

• emax_gomax@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

She.

And how are they keeping anything together. Market share isn’t substantially better than before and rather than focusing on the product mozilla was created for they keep pivoting to weird BS like this AI grab. I actually think market shares gone up recently… cause google pushed through manifestv3. That would’ve happened even if mozilla did nothing. I think mozillq is still the better browser but that sure as hell doesn’t seem to be because of whose in charge.

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

When CEOs push 500 to over a million at a nonprofit, that’s absurdity.

If any CEO should make this much, I think it’s the one helping to keep browser choice a thing

• Ephera@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

The CEO of the Mozilla Corporation shouldn’t be asking for donations. It’s the non-profit Mozilla Foundation which collects donations (and owns the Mozilla Corporation). It is a bit confusing, yes…