(update - 15th Feb) KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The mass shooting that unfolded amid throngs of people at the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl celebration appeared to stem from a dispute between several people, authorities said Thursday.

Police Chief Stacey Graves said that the 22 people injured in the shooting ranged between the ages of 8 and 47 years old, half of whom were under the age of 16. A mother of two was also killed.

• Ivy Raven@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

That’s my question too. The cops keep talking about how they had 800~ various law enforcement individuals on hand and it still happened. Guns are a blight. Like this was a huge day for KC and the weather is beautiful, but now it’s just another shooting incident.

• Jean_Lurk_Picard@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

I mean someone could just as easily have stabbed multiple people with a kitchen knife amidst the crowd and law enforcement would not have been able to stop it. I don’t see how the blanket statement “guns are a blight” is valid. Before anyone gets up in arms (heh) I fully support stricter gun laws and better background checks.