fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Context man…

She was a Disney/Nick kid, she is incredibly normal for her peer group. If she wants to dress as a stereotypical female protagonist from a DND RPG video game while attending the premier or an iconic sci-fi adaptation based on feudal society she has a significant lead role in, I say go for it.

Even if she goes bat shit crazy tomorrow, she held it together better than most of the kids that went thru that meat grinder.

Like isn’t her first costar now a coked out only fans model?

Zendaya is killing it in comparison

• MrEff@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Real context-

That dess/suit was made by the designer (Mugler) she has been wearing for a small series of outfits she has been wearing. This particular one was brought out of a museum just for this premiere and she even had to change out of it after doing the carpet walk. It was made in 1995, inspired by and modeled after the robot from Metropolis.

I know it is odd to have a bunch of nerds try and read about fashion, but it is interesting. It wasn’t some “look at me not be a disney kid” thing.

https://www.wmagazine.com/fashion/zendaya-mugler-robot-suit-dune-two-london-premiere

• givesomefucks@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Bella Thorne.

And it’s not even like she went crazy either tho. Just parties a lot and gets a lot of money for topless pictures to fund partying.

It’s not like I’m saying those child actors all grew up to be serial killers. It just doesn’t make sense to expect perfectly well adjusted adults out of them. Nothing about their childhoods were normal, and even if they weren’t abused, someone in their small peer group they were friends with did.

Gotta cut them some slack as long as they’re not hurting anyone.