Thankfully Jonathan was able to take it to an independent repair shop for a $75 CAD adhesive fix (and battery replacement?) despite Apple’s restrictions against them.

• Dojan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Oh no, I don’t deny climate change. Quite the opposite, I think we’ve done way too little way too late for it to truly matter.

I just think the collapse of society due to decades of unsustainable consumption and frankly ridiculous thinking is inevitable. Year on year companies strive for infinite growth and the majority economical system promotes it?

At this point I’m simply past caring. It’s incredibly sad that the people that will be hit first are those that already don’t have much, but there’s nothing I can do.

It’s fine though. I’m not planning to be around long enough to see things go to hell anyway.

• JohnDClay@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

But saying we can’t do anything about it is still denial that we should. I think our action now and in the coming years determines if millions or billions of people die. So there’s a lot riding on what action we take, even though it might seem hopeless.

• Dojan@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Oh yeah. Absolutely. It’d be amazing if the powers that be got their arse in gear and actually did shit. I’ll keep walking everywhere, reusing plastic bags, and not travelling like I’ve always done, but it won’t save the planet.

We need extreme fees on carbon emissions, and all the nuclear, solar, hydroelectric, and wind power we can get, and we need them twenty-thirty years ago.