A Utah lawmaker is no longer pushing for public schools to display a copy of the Ten Commandments but wants to add other biblical precepts and the Magna Carta to the curriculum.

• tryptaminev 🇵🇸 🇺🇦 🇪🇺@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

I’m muslim. Allah (swt) explicitly rejects the trinity, clarifies that He is beyond having a son as He is the creator of everything but confirms the virgin pregnancy of Mary in the Quran. All prophets were messengers who passed the revelation among their people, but they were nothing but humans. Humans who deserve the highest respect, but must not be worshipped or likened to god.

I also listened to an interview with a catholic theology professor before converting (i was agnostic at the time), where he explains how these concepts came hundreds of years after Jesuses (pbh) prophethood and they mostly came for making christianity easier to approach to pagans.

It is also not my intend to mock christians as a whole, but those who clearly abuse the message of Jesus and agressively push their religion while understanding little of it.

I am sorry you got downvoted. i am also not a fan of the know-it-all “checkmate” atheists on platforms like reddit or lemmy and wasnt before converting.