🤔

• Son_of_dad@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Is Borderlands the godfather now? Who cares? Borderlands story is trash, it’s characters are one dimensional. This is like when people complained that they’d mess up twisted metal, as if we were speaking about an adaptation of the old man and the sea. It’s Borderlands, and if the movie is a solid 7, it’s as good as the game.

• CallMeButtLove@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I don’t think anyone here is saying the movie will be bad for not getting the Borderlands story right. I think they’re saying it looks bad because it looks like a passionless by the numbers cash grab banking on nerd pandering and brand recognition. Especially because this was the type of game that never needed to be made into a movie. I mean, the trailer has Kevin Hart yelling stuff and ends with a diarrhea joke. Nuff said.

• steakmeout@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Borderlands story is not trash and its characters are not one dimensional. They are caricature in nature and can seem shallow at first glance. The story takes it queues from tales of old while also being extremely puerile and silly but at times it’s also heartfelt and charming (Tiny Tina’s Adventure). What we see here in the trailer is, again, gaming translated to the screen by people who clearly haven’t played the games themselves.