The Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri sent an email and said members could not raise money that represents “partisan politics” and must “stay neutral.”

• flipht@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

This. The “just go through the steps!” people are ignoring that one of the steps is approval, which can and will be denied if it would cost them more than they could expect to recoup.

• WHARRGARBL@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

The “just go through the steps” people is me - the solitary commenter who has declared direct and extensive experience within the organization. You’re correct that one of the steps is approval, yet the woman in this instance never requested approval. What is wrong with requesting approval for an exception from an organization that isn’t yours? Everyone else requests approval, just like we all would if we wanted an exception at work, because we don’t own the company.

It boggles my mind that almost every commenter here is certain that there would never have been approval because GSUSA is Zionist, Girl Scouts is made up of donors who are largely Jewish, GSUSA is genocidal and would lose money by granting approval to the nonexistent request. This is all emotion and vile conjecture. Where are the facts to support such accusations?

Why don’t the rules apply to this one individual. I led many activities that had to be cleared, and because I don’t own the Girl Scouts, because I’m not in charge of the organization, I never thought “Oh, those rules aren’t meant for me”. I simply made the requests and provided details as needed. Then my request was approved almost every time. Somehow, this one person is the only one who is above that? And this means the Girl Scouts are racist? What a massive, crazy leap!