• kakes@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

I grew up drinking almost exclusively Coke (thanks mom and dad!), and it took me a very long time to realize that my “craving” for Coke was actually just thirst.

These days I try to stick exclusively to drinking water, but I definitely understand how people can be chronically dehydrated like that when their body is so conditioned to drinking garbage.

To this day, I’ll still occasionally think “man, I could really go for a can of Coke,” but then I drink water and it goes away.

• kakes@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

It’s certainly better than regular, but I’ll admit the idea of finding water “boring” doesn’t sit well with me. Maybe I’m getting old.

• ArxCyberwolf@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Or just get a liquid water flavour enhancer. Soda is terrible for you, even the diet stuff with no sugar.

• tigeruppercut@lemmy.zip
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

Where I’m from the term soda water means water with bubbles in it, unless you were saying that CO2 is bad for you even in water.

• ArxCyberwolf@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

Oh, my bad. I was not aware of that expression, it’s usually called sparkling water here.

• tigeruppercut@lemmy.zip
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              4 months ago

I’ve heard a lot of different terms for it from a not very big area, but I’m not sure why. Either seltzer (water), club soda, soda water, or sparkling like you said. If you’re feeling fancy you can ask for a Perrier (the brand).