So, I started blocking accounts that don’t engage with the stuff I post and just make personal attacks. After blocking these handful of accounts all the harassment stopped entirely. Vast majority of people on the lemmyverse are across different instances aren’t attacking other people. There are just a handful of really active trolls out there, and I think the best policy might be to just start blocking them when we see them.

• @bigstupidn3gger@narwhal.city
  • @erdos4d@lemmy.ml
  • @hitlerdidnowrong@lemmy.tedomum.net
  • @lordofbud@lemmy.ml
  • @thanos_snapped@lemmy.ml
  • @mykhaylo@fosstodon.org
  • @FireMyth@lemmy.one
  • @chebra@mstdn.io
  • @Varyk@sh.itjust.works
  • @TWeaK@lemm.ee
  • @b3nsn0w@pricefield.org
  • @SeaJ@lemm.ee
  • @BrooklynMan@lemmy.ml
  • @AdamantlyAdam@newsie.social
  • @Vilian@lemmy.ca
  • DamarcusArt@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

The funniest part is when one of these guys won’t write a comment, but will just go and downvote every single comment on a post. Like yeah, that’s a great use of your time there buddy.

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Something I noticed is when I comment on a “controversial” post over on lemmy World News or something, there’s a ripple effect of downvotes in my post history. It’s like everything 5-6 posts back will get instantly downvoted if I say something crazy like “all Russians aren’t evil”, regardless of what the preceding posts were about. Doesn’t seem like a great use of their time, because I really don’t care. I only noticed by random chance when I was adjusting some stuff in my profile.