• blazeknave@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

You’re not drinking the tap anyway. Supposedly even the ice in the drinks is from bottles. The locals drink bottled too. I’ve never gotten sick there. It’s an amazing cosmopolitan city. You’ll have a blast. The ruins are sick. The dispensaries have mushrooms if that’s your thing. Tons of seafood. It was a moral quandary for me but I indulged in octopus last visit and it’s out of this world in many restaurants. Incredible museums and art.

• dangblingus@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

How does one of the biggest cities on Earth have such poor quality drinking water? I’m not a water purification technician but, shouldn’t they have reasonable means to implement water treatment?

• Mister Neon@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I’m a vegetarian. I’m going for the ruins actually! I’m a giant Mesoamerican history dork, in fact I’m reading a book about deciphering Nahuatl hieroglyphs. I got my route planned out all ready for the Museo Nacional de Antropología and Teotihuacan. I know enough Spanish to hopefully keep me out of trouble.

• blazeknave@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

Assuming you’re American? One of the first times I deprogrammed myself from “we’re the uncivilized colonies” was seeing the amount of water bottles consumed across Europe. The US is blessed with the water we’ve had. It’s not the norm.