• Facundo@mastodon.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

@MonsieurHedge @Peaces @collegefurtrader @CrescentMadeJr

That problem belongs to capitalism, but Elon made that money by creating jobs for people and working hard.

At least he wasn’t like the aristocracy in the past, when they had everything since they where born.

However, I agree that there should not be the posibility of having that concentration of money, it must be regulated.

• sznio@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

At least he wasn’t like the aristocracy in the past, when they had everything since they where born.

Musk’s parents totally don’t own an emerald mine in Africa.

• MonsieurHedge@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

What the fuck? He literally inherited millions from his father’s emerald mine. He actively removes jobs by buying up companies and then firing half the staff. SpaceX, Tesla, now Twitter. He literally makes his money off stock profiteering and fucking over others.

He’s essentially a 21st century version of the mad inbred prince. He hasn’t “worked hard” a single fucking second of his life, and has, in fact, had absolutely everything he has ever wanted since he was born.

• stevecrox@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Get over your hatred, nothing good comes from it.

If you look at SpaceX, Tesla, Boring, etc… he always has a strong vision. A vision he can convince others to buy into (either through funding or inspiring to work for him).

SpaceX dominated the launch market because he wants humanity on Mars. That meant reusable rockets and he convinced a lot of people it was possible.

SpaceX dominates the satellite market because him and Gwynne Shotwell convinced people to invest billions into building on the basis reusable rockets now make it viable.

Tesla builds a supercharger network before you can buy a Tesla in that country.

Tesla kept working towards cheaper EV models to show they could be done.

These are huge bets no other company is willing to make, largely because they are run by boards filled with people who have finance/marketing backgrounds with no real vision.

The majority of Musk’s wealth is in shares of his companies, the ones he made big bets with. It’s not real, outside the world of finance.

I wish he wasn’t a right wing edgelord, but his companies actually have an inspiring vision and that is a rare and good thing.

Lastly Twitter had twice the employees of Facebook and other social media websites, despite having a much more limited offering. Randomly firing half the staff isn’t smart, but its clear the organisation wasn’t well run.

• MonsieurHedge@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I’m gonna shoot Elon Musk in the face with a rocket launcher specifically to spite you, you absolute bootlicker. Holy shit you are a new kind of pathetic.