alt text: “the state of the animation industry”

“you’re pirating that show? don’t you wanna support the creators?” “I AM the creator.”

“haha the only way I can show future employers my work is to send a link to a bunch of pirated copies of it haha what a nightmare haha”

• Passerby6497@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

What employer is going to go search for examples of your portfolio if you don’t provide them?

My girlfriend is working on getting into Surface Pattern Design, and you’re nuts if you think anyone trying to hire an artist of any kind is going to go searching out part of a portfolio that isn’t included in what’s provided to them.

Edit:

They want to hire you after all,

No, you’re wrong. They don’t want to hire you they want to hire someone with your skill set. You are just one of a number of choices that likely fit the bill for the sort of employee they’re looking for. If you’re not responsible enough to provide them with a sufficient portfolio (or even a decent resume), they’re going to bin your application because you’re clearly not responsible enough to provide the needed data before you applied. Why should they assume you’ll be any different as an employee?