• Makeshift@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I still don’t and probably never will understand why people use the same emoji more than once in a row.

Every other word is tacky and hard to read but I get it’s like… just a thing for people who grew up with emojis instead of little text emoticons. Or like older people trying to be a fellow kid kind of thing.

But the same one 5 times in a row? That’s just nonsense.

(I know I’m responding to a copypasta. It’s just on the topic.)

• glizzyguzzler@lemmy.blahaj.zoneOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Don’t get too hung up on emojis, they’re just a new form of text! Most people I know use them ironically or to respond to coworkers that you don’t want to type text to.

As far as I remember, text filled with emojis was used by FB-era people to do like MLM (mid-level-marketing; pyramid schemes) ads. First time I saw it used not ironically.

Their text style was ripe for mocking since it was tacky af.

Some me-melords turnt it horny and usually a lil gay and you’ve got purposely tacky and over the top copypastas! Like this one (personally, not enough emoji for me):

OMG it’s ARB-WHORE DAY 🌲🌴🌳 on this day 📆 we celebrate MOMMY EARTH 👩‍👧and plant trees 🌳 that will someday grow up to be BIG 🫦 and LONG 📏 and HARD 👊😩😛😏 for the good girls to CLIMB 🙆‍♀️ so plant a HO-ak tree 🥦 a chestNUT 💦 an ASSpen 🍑 or a cottonWOOD 🪵🍆 maybe ur a BIRCH BETCH 🤭 or a will-HO ⁉️ so get DIRTY 🧑‍🌾😳 and get those lil sprouts 🌱 all WET 😌 🚿 so they can get 🪨 BIG and STRONG 💪🤤 cuz today all of the arb-WHORES 🌵are gonna get a TREEat 🪴 planted in their 💃ASS today 🌝🌚 cuz MOMMY EARTH 👩 is CUMMING 4 U 🌎 send ➡️ this to ur 1️⃣0️⃣ DIRTIEST ARB-WHORES 🍌 if u get 0️⃣ back then ur a weeping willHO 😭😭😭 if u get 5️⃣ back ur a SICKamore SKANK 💚😇 ✅ &&& if u get 1️⃣0️⃣ back then ur a gonna get a special 🔩 walNUT just 4 u 💋💋💋