I am currently in a social event and I am too exhausted to have conversations, so I figured I just pretend I’m busy texting by writing this post. I have to stay here for at least two more hours and I have two more (social) things to do tomorrow… one of them I’ll probably cancel because it is just too much but I did not think of an excuse yet… I feel dishonest and I really hate it, but I also didn’t have really good experiences coming out as autistic… it has never felt accomodating and often pretty invalidating. My depression has been hitting harder than usual, which is extra hard because I have to pretend I am okay just to avoid interactions I can’t handle right now. So anywhere I’m not even trying to make a point here I just need something to keep be busy and not make me look weird. Anyways, wish me luck idk, I’m really not enjoying life a lot rn :I

Edit: thanks a lot everyone! I read the replies several times, it has been reassuring and as a plus it kept me busy yesterday. :)

• xophos
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I am done going to private social gatherings that I don’t enjoy. They are usually optional and if not I find a good reason why I can’t go. I don’t even need to lie. Usually I just say that I’m under the weather and don’t feel up to meeting a lot of people. Which is all true. Since I occasionally suffer from migraines, most people will assume that as a reason but that’s not my problem. Work meetings are usually dispassionate enough that I can endure them if they are not back to back.