Nintendo is suing the makers of the Switch emulator Yuzu, claims ‘There is no lawful way to use Yuzu’::Nintendo of America is suing the maker of the Nintendo Switch emulator Yuzu, saying it “unlawfully circumvents the technological measures” that prevent Switch games from being played on othe

• General_Effort@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Lol. Yeah, sure. Tech companies would be accused of circumventing robots.txt. It’s not like being able to monopolize information would benefit them or anything. It’s not like that’s not already happening.

When you make harsher laws against trespassing, you’re not locking in the people in the big mansions.

I’m just disappointed by the complete absence of any rational thought.

• Rapture@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

“They already do it, so we should just let them” and then getting mad at the people trying to stop them is kind of a psychotic take. Unchecked corporate power is how we got to this point and refusing to ever hold them accountable is not going to make it better. Genuinely, what NON MALICIOUS reason could there even be for a small company to need violate robots.txt, and how on earth would that give them any leg up over google?

And you come at ME with “abscence of any rational thought”. Truly vile.

• General_Effort@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

I can tell that this subject is very emotionally challenging for you, though I don’t understand why. Should you be able to tell me, that would be appreciated.

I don’t think you want a rational answer to your question, so I won’t bother. Correct me if I’m wrong and I will deliver.