Is there a way to revert back to Plasma 5.27?

I don’t think #Plasma6 is ready for prime time. When I open apps, the title bar goes above the screen space and I can’t move or close the app or use the menus.

@kde

• Eager Eagle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

As a workaround, in plasma you can move a window by grabbing anywhere with the mouse if you just hold super or alt first - depending on how you have it configured. Same for resizing using the right mouse button. I never rely on borders or title bars for these things.

• Rustmilian@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

When I open apps, the title bar goes above the screen space and I can’t move or close the app or use the menus.

Please report the bug.

Is there a way to revert back to Plasma 5.27?

Yes. There is, but it depends on the distro and can be time consuming.
    For example with Arch Linux read Downgrading packages and consider tools like downgrade.

• Max-P@lemmy.max-p.me
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Or disable the -testing repos and reinstall the offending packages. It’s in extra-testing and kde-unstable, with the latter being 2 revisions newer than extra-testing. So clearly they’re fixing some issues.

• rodneyck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I would never upgrade without doing a backup of my system so I could revert back. I assume you did not do this?

• SigHunter@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Can’t you right click => maximize on the task in taskbar? Or meta + page up on keyboard

• penquin@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Oh boy! Please don’t tell me it’s not usable. There is no way around it when running Arch and it’s derivatives. 😂 I don’t know how long I can hold off on updating.

• rodneyck@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Under Arch it hasn’t dropped to Stable yet, so unless you are running the testing branch, you won’t have to worry. I think it took 5.27 two weeks or so to get to the stable branch after its “release,” so you are probably looking at early to mid March. By then, we should also have Plasma 6.1 drop, ie, updates.

• MylesRyden@social.vivaldi.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

@penquin

It is not making my day very good, that is for sure. Perhaps there is a way to run it under X11 still and that might help for me, I have an older machine.

• penquin@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

It depends on the distro you’re running it on. There should be an option on the lock screen to switch to x.