There is no number of foreigners that is unacceptable to sacrifice for a middle class livelihood. Anti-cop because they can imagine a scenario where a cop inconveniences them. These principles don’t apply to the Waffen SS because they can’t imagine a soldier personally inconveniencing them and, of course, foreigners aren’t really humans.

• Redbolshevik2 [he/him]@hexbear.netOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 years ago

On the notion of “but the propaganda!”

There is far, far more copaganda in the US than military propaganda. Almost all of the top ten shows in the US at any given time for decades have been cop shows.

If “but the propaganda” elides guilt for the military, why not cops? Is it because cops affect you and the military doesn’t? I’m open to alternative explanations.

• I’d argue that the military propaganda is more effective than the copaganda, even though you’re right that there’s more copaganda. But I think your reasoning is the answer to that too: Copaganda isn’t as effective because it’s disproven every time you actually have to interact with a cop in real life. But since Americans don’t get harassed (or murdered) by soldiers like they do by cops, the reputation of soldiers doesn’t fall in the same way.