How long have you waited to get it? Was it worth it?

• XTL@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Fallouts. I knew they existed for, I don’t even know, decades? I finally got New Vegas some years back (and others later) and it really is the greatest game ever made. I don’t know why I waited.

• MyOtherCarIsEpona@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

It’s actually great that you started with New Vegas. This can help give you perspective about why Black Isle/Obsidian understands the IP so much better than Bethesda does. I truly consider 3 and 4 to have great moments, but are overall trash when you compare them to 2 and New Vegas.

I really like Bethesda a lot as a publisher (Doom/Eternal, Hi-Fi Rush) but I really wish people would stop buying the games they develop until they figure some things out.

• Malta Soron@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

I was planning to start a full replay of FO1-2-3-NV this week, but man, those games have not aged well presentation-wise. I ended up installing only F:NV with the Viva New Vegas modlist; I tried adding visual mods, but the game kept crashing. But at least I’ve got a stable version of the best game of the series now.

It would be nice if someone made a remaster of FO1 and 2 like they did with Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2. I don’t mind the top-down perspective, buv i would like some more graphical fidelity and UI improvements.

• BEZORP@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

I relayed 1 and 2 maybe a decade ago now, and I remember there were some fan patches that made them much more user friendly. Higher resolutions and mouse scrolling in inventory being the enhancements I remember most.

I do have some nostalgia for to these games, so my tolerance for old school inconvenience is likely higher.