• Titou@feddit.deOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Fallout 3 i can understand but Fallout 4 god no. Every great things in FNV were removed in Fallout 4

• Goblin_Mode@ttrpg.network
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

I have some opinions about 4, but nothing like the vitriol you feel towards it lol. Could I get an example of some things they removed in your opinion?

My complaints mostly boil down to how mediocre the story, world, and characters are. But I can’t think of anything they removed necessarily, just poorly implemented

• Cowbee@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

They removed traits, a proper SPECIAL system, skills, proper skill checks, the reputation system, etc.

• Syd@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

The complete oversimplification/destruction of dialogue trees still makes no sense to me.

• Yadaran@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

I love the atmosphere in 3, it was my introduction to Fallout. And with 4 I have just so much fun with the world, the characters and modding it.

• Cowbee@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

That’s fair, have you played around with modding New Vegas? The mod scene is incredible lately.

• 🇰 🔵 🇱 🇦 🇳 🇦 🇰 ℹ️@yiffit.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          4 months ago

I think that’s fairly common to be more in love with the first thing you tried. IME, I had played Fallout 1 and 2 as they released. Was exited for 3 when it came out, and while I thought it was a great game, it didn’t feel like Fallout. New Vegas feels like the Fallout I know. 4 even feels like a good representation, though not as deep.

But I might feel as you do if I first played 3. Then all the other Fallout games would feel weird. lol