• carl_dungeon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Who the fuck is switching to trump, especially now? Jesus Christ, I’m starting to feel like people deserve that motherfucker.

• GretaAintNoFlowerChild@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Polls are easily, and usually are, skewed or produced in a way to get the desired result. Anyways… This one is garbage, too.

Siena College is a Catholic institution.

Of course a group of lgbtq+/women-hating nationalist Christians say the party that is against them is losing votes and doing poorly.

Future use: If you see “Siena College and Poll” in the same article … it’s garbage.

• Hyperreality@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Polls are easily, and usually are, skewed or produced in a way to get the desired result. Anyways… This one is garbage, too.

I have a related degree and have done polling in the past.

You’re using an ad hominem about the New York Times being secret Catholic Trump supporters, because you don’t like the results of the poll, but don’t know enough about polling or statistics to attack the poll’s methodology. People are upvoting you for the same reasons.

Anyway, the full results and methodology are here:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/03/03/us/elections/times-siena-poll-registered-voter-crosstabs.html

Here’s a website that aggregates polling on Biden’s popularity from multiple pollsters:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/03/03/us/elections/times-siena-poll-registered-voter-crosstabs.html

Of course a group of lgbtq+/women-hating nationalist Christians say the party that is against them is losing votes and doing poorly.

Why would they want to make it seem like a tight race and that Biden might lose? That’s likely to increase turnout of voters who don’t want that to happen.

If you want to depress turnout of democratic voters, you would produce polls that say Biden’s almost certain to win.

• NateNate60@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

One drawback of Lemmy is the notable tendency for people to use the downvote button as “I don’t like what this says”

• kylie_kraft@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

it’s at least partially to do with the poster, isn’t it? this guy is posting any and all Biden concern troll pieces, around the clock, and it’s rather exhausting.

• NateNate60@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

Hot take of the day: You’re probably right in this case, but the label of “concern troll” generally does more harm than good because its liberal application often has the effect of stifling genuine conversation. It makes more sense to engage each such person genuinely taking the argument on the merits rather than simply labelling the source as “concern troll”.

Not saying OP isn’t, but just something I’ve been wanting to say for a while. More than once (on Reddit) people have falsely labelled me as a concern troll.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Eight months ahead of the general election, President Joe Biden remains in a precarious position as he continues to trail former President Donald Trump in a rematch among likely voters, according to the latest New York Times/Siena poll.

Amid Biden’s polling troubles, two significant things stand out in the Times/Siena survey: Biden is currently losing a bloc of supporters who backed him in the 2020 election and he is virtually tied with Trump among women, a key group that backed him by 11 points that year.

In an election that could be decided by close margins in a handful of swing states, any slight defection or bump in support could prove decisive for each of the contenders.

Women, who backed Biden by a 55% to 44% margin in 2020, were key to his election, along with Democratic candidates across the country as the party held the House that year and regained control of the Senate in January 2021.

While the president has touted strong jobs growth and low unemployment, inflation during much of the COVID-19 pandemic ate into the pocketbooks of Americans and many voters remain pessimistic about the country’s economic fortunes.

The poll also showed Biden ahead among suburban voters, a key group that will play a significant role in races up and down the ballot.

The original article contains 465 words, the summary contains 217 words. Saved 53%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Thats asinine. There is not even a year left. All that would do is completely fracture the democrats.

• Icalasari@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Issue is, you need somebody with name recognition to have a chance against Trump. Biden is the best bet against Trump specifically. If Trump dropped dead suddenly, then there are far, FAR better options than Biden

It’s dumb as hell, but it’s the unfortunate case

• Politically Incorrect@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

I believe the best Dems have right now it’s definetly Biden, but I also believe he will not make it against Trump, so the most possible its Americans will get an open fascist instead of a one in the closet.

The mayority of people choosing Trump it’s just the sign of the majority of American society it’s fucked up and directly and open into christofascism.

Sometimes seems Biden also wants Trump to win.

American freedom at the end of the day.

I think there it’s the only place(maybe Africa too) where a open hypocrite fascist with a record of several felonies and bribes, a delinquent with open investigations could be chosen by the people as their representant in the presidency, I can understand christofascism it’s on hype right now but at least it remained hidden until they been elected, but how in the fuck someone who openly brag about crimes get fucking elected it’s simply nuts.

Anyway good luck and hope this work to make communists to organize in America.