I am new to FuckCars, and personally, I feel very much aligned to this ideology. Particularly, the amout of environmental damage the fuel consumption causes, concerns me.

However, sometimes, I feel like I am a hypocrite, because I drive a motorcycle, which again, causes pollution. But, in my defense, I always try to use my bicycle if I can, and use my motorbike only when necessary, because public transportation system isn’t great in my city. Also, the amount of pollutants my bike releases is way less when compared to a car, or even a small hatchback.

The bike in question is only 160cc, and does 30-40 km/litre (~18-25 miles/litre).

So, what is your opinion on all this, and how can I improve my situation?

• SoylentBlake@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

It’s just trading one set of obnoxious noises for another and we’d be in a thread about that instead, y’know.

Clearly ppl don’t like motorcycles here. Maybe they name should change to fuckcars+motorbikes.

• AA5B@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

No, surprisingly it’s not. My impression of beeping g in India was communication and coordination. Here in the US, it’s usually outrage, wounded pride.

I find that in myself too, despite advising my teens to watch out for it. When someone endangers you by doing something stupid, it’s easy to fall into that trap, and we have very little tradition of communication