• BottleOfAlkahest@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

But seriously, everyone thinks they have the worst roads. I’ve lived in more than a few states (and visited even more) and Pennsylvania has the worst roads I’ve ever seen. No other state I’ve seen has been even close. WTF PA?

• AFaithfulNihilist@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

There are neighborhoods in Indianapolis where kids have to walk to the end of the block because the bus can’t drive down the street.

There are potholes in Michigan you can actually get lost in.

Sometimes in New York whole months go by where they’ve covered the road in uneven metal plates.

If you’ve ever been to Mississippi, you can be forgiven for thinking they must not have cars there yet, either that or their roads were designed for hovercrafts or something.

• kora@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

You should write for comics, or thank the one you borrowed from. A pothole joke that actually made me laugh out loud… Wonderful

• BottleOfAlkahest@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          4 months ago

Visited all those states (and loved in NY), I agree that they’re roads aren’t good. PA has all those problems sometimes on the same roads. Try driving somewhere outside of Philly. There are “main” roads it’s faster to walk

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Los Angeles, at least when I lived there, basically ignored all potholes. There were huge potholes in my North Hollywood neighborhood that were so old that they had lots of plants growing out of them.

• PugJesus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Even New Jersey? Every time I have to pass through Jersey it’s like offroad travel, but with asphalt.