• Transporter Room 3@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

An entire country cannot mobilize an invasion force because civilians ask them to.

Without specific dealings, documents, and official BS, no country would enter another unless they’re intending for it to be an invasion instead of assistance.

I have no knowledge of that happening yet, but I also don’t keep an eye on the situation. It may have already happened, I have no idea.

But the idea that random people being murdered is enough for a foreign country to barge in guns blazing and declare martial law is kind of crazy to imagine.

I imagine if the US military mobilized a portion of its logistics to assist the government of Haiti, there would be 100 more threads going on about how the US has to stick its nose everywhere it doesn’t belong.

Personally I’d love to be able to bitch slap and [REDACTED] some politicians into pulling all support from Israel and redirecting the focus to assisting poorer areas around us. Building your neighbors up gives you a much larger foundation to build on in the future. Unfortunately nobody gives a shit who I am, so here we are, complaining about countries run by people who will never listen to or care about us.