• SarcasticMan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

He should have asked her why her party tanked their own bill. Is it because they don’t really care about immigration and are dragging that poor girl’s name around while doing absolutely nothing to fix the problem or is Greene just a stupid cunt? Maybe both? IDK I think it’s time the left stops being nice and starts pushing the right’s hypocrisy back in their face loudly and publicly.

• bobs_monkey@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

How that bimbo doesn’t get herself booted from thing like tonight for being unruly I have no idea, especially when half the chamber is telling her to stfu. Yet they yanked that one guy on the upper gallery that was screeching something.

• nilloc
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Because they know that’s what she wants.

• nilloc
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I’ve been pushing a “all rich people want undocumented workers because it keeps food and nanny costs down” narrative to my local MAGAts. It’s working a bit. I’ve been doing it for 3-4 years with them, and the other day I walked in and one of them said he didn’t really think the Republicans were serious about immigration. I almost couldn’t believe it.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

President Biden had an impromptu exchange with Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) during Thursday’s State of the Union address after the conservative firebrand heckled him on immigration and urged him to acknowledge a University of Georgia student who was killed last month.

As Biden spoke about a bipartisan border security bill in the Senate that was tanked in part by former President Trump’s opposition, Greene, a fierce Trump ally, called out “Laken Riley,” the name of the student who was killed by a Venezuelan migrant who entered the country illegally in 2022, according to police.

Greene wore a red “Make America Great Again” hat as she sat in the chamber.

Biden paused his prepared remarks and pulled out a pin with Riley’s name on it being worn by many GOP lawmakers.

“Laken Riley, an innocent young woman who was killed by an illegal.

Biden went on to pressure Republican lawmakers to take up the Senate bill that would bolster border security, restrict certain asylum claims and more, and he sought to contrast his own rhetoric with that of Trump, his likely November general election opponent.

The original article contains 287 words, the summary contains 185 words. Saved 36%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• Viking_Hippie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Laken Riley, an innocent young woman who was killed by an illegal. That’s right,” Biden said. “But how many thousands of people being killed by illegals?

Way to repeat Republican dehumanizing gaslighting talking points about an already demonized group of people that are LESS criminal on average than native born Americans 🤬

Undocumented immigrants are PEOPLE and the maun reason for them being undocumented is the fact that the US legal immigration process can take upwards of a decade and cost tens of thousands of dollars that most people trying to leave impoverished countries for a better life simply don’t have.

The xenophobic immigration bills both parties want to pass will lead to more undocumented immigrants AND more violence against immigrants both documented and undocumented.