• Affidavit@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I’m looking forward to games that really do take advantage of AI effectively. Having almost infinite variations of characters and plots would make each play through a new experience. I reckon some interesting games will be coming out in the next few years.

• Psythik@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

The first thing that came to mind when AI language models first hit the scene is how it could be used to make NPCs so much better.

I’m picturing games where you talk to them through the mic and they actually respond with a relevant reply. You could still do prerecorded lines, but being able to respond to what they’re saying with anything you want – even things the developers didn’t intend – would go a long way towards feeling less like playing a game and more like being immersed in another world. Can’t wait for someone to actually implement this in a game.

• Buddahriffic@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

It would be nice to never be forced to choose between n options that I hate. Though it might open up possibilities to break plots. Like if an NPC is a secret spy, what happens if you tell everyone about it before the reveal is supposed to happen in the plot?

• There are already a few games that do this. Though they have practically zero production value since they’re more proof of concept type dealies. They are pretty cool regardless, but there are some flaws in the ones I’ve tried where it has to construct a logical mystery to solve. It doesn’t always follow logic.