Finished Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition, last couple of levels were pretty tough, needing very twitchy reflexes, but finally beat it!

Octopath Traveller is still not available to buy… so,

Bought and started Axiom Verge, the game is an obvious love letter to Metroid / Super Metroid, but it’s not a straight copy, the powers, weapons and level designs are it’s own, with many QoL updates and way more accessible for modern audience.

For instance there is a save point near every boss (don’t remember if Metroid had those), and if you die, you don’t lose any progress since last save, instead you go back to save location but keep all the progress.

No wonder the game is loved so much.

What about all of you? What have you been playing lately?

• sdcSpade@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

I’ve mostly been playing Arkham Knight. It’s a bit strange to play because they’ve changed some basic buttons that have had their function since the first game, but I’ve been accidentally calling the car instead of activating Detective Vision less and less. Speaking of the car, not as bad as people made it seem. During timed racing segments, yes, it has broken physics more than once, but especially combat segments work beautifully. I especially love how the game tries to drive you crazy, hiding Joker faces everywhere in the environment that disappear when you do a double-take, without ever specifically pointing it out. The game does suffer from some severe achievement-bloat though. When a side-mission has multiple steps to it, you’ll get an achievement for every individual step!

Haven’t made any progress in Sparks of Hope this week, but I hope to finish off world 3 today.

I’d also like to find the time to get back into Monster Hunter Rise. I still haven’t fought Amatsu and Primordial Malzeno and it bothers me to leave the game unfinished. I doubt I’ll do much with the Anomaly Investigations anymore, I just want to file the game away as finished at this point.