Well hello again, I have just learned that the host that recently had both nvme drives fail upon drive replacement, now has new problems: the filesystem report permanent data errors affecting the database of both, Matrix server and Telegram bridge.

I have just rented a new machine and am about to restore the database snapshot of the 26. of july, just in case. All the troubleshooting the recent days was very exhausting, however, i will try to do or at least prepare this within the upcoming hours.

Update

After a rescan the errors have gone away, however the drives logged errors too. It’s now the question as to whether the data integrety should be trusted.

Status august 1st

Well … good question… optimizations have been made last night, the restore was successful and … we are back to debugging outgoing federation :(

The new hardware also will be a bit more powerful… and yes, i have not forgotten that i wanted to update that database. It’s just that i was busy debugging federation problems.

References

• GVasco
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Awesome work! Thank you you for all the time and effort you put into this. Let us know if you start to feel the need for some help in managing other aspects of running those instances. Best of luck going forward and looking forward to the future with this instance!