• @OsrsNeedsF2P@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      122 months ago

Also new is initial Rust support for the LoongArch architecture, a UFFDIO_MOVE uABI operation to allow pages to be moved within a virtual address space while avoiding page allocation and memcpy done by UFFDIO_COPY, the KSM advisor feature to automatically manage the kernel samepage merging subsystem, support for the SMB file system to create block and character special files, and Rust support for creating network PHY drivers.

Looks like it’s starting to trickle in

• @narc0tic_bird@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    142 months ago

I’m still on 6.6. 6.7 onwards (including 6.8-rc7) caused flickering and crashes with VRR enabled after waking up from standby on my Radeon 7800 XT. I’ll check out the final version, but I doubt this is fixed.

• @PrefersAwkward@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      2 months ago

I don’t think I have this on the latest 6.8 RC. I have one of the RDNA 3 dedicated cards as well. Hope they get it resolved either way.

If helps in the meantime, I think you can often TTY switch in order to restart the display signal. Ctrl + Alt + F3/F4 should get you a new console. Then switch back to your desktop with Ctrl + Alt + F1/F2 (the right one may depend on your distro).

This gets my display fixed when it gets any kind of funky 99% of the time. Sometimes it takes a few tries