Assume that you only have the resources and money that you’ve acquired up to this point in your life, and you still have to pay rent, bills etc. You are basically physically capable of everyday activities but extreme feats (eg running marathons, climbing everest) are not realistic.

• archonet@lemy.lol
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

probably weep that I’ll never get to experience a loving relationship for like two weeks, followed by five and a half months of laying in bed waiting to die after realizing I wasn’t gonna experience one anyways.

• Dr. Wesker@lemmy.sdf.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

I also am a bachelor by choice. Long term relationships (even great ones) are a chore that you lose parts of yourself to, for better or worse. I’ve discovered I’m much more healthy, balanced, and happy without that dynamic.

• archonet@lemy.lol
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

I already have hobbies, if you’re suggesting that adding stamp collecting (as an example) to the roster totally makes up for being treated like a doormat, then I shudder to think about the depth of your interpersonal relationships

• DudeDudenson@lemmings.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

Bro you just said you would spend your last 6 months weeping because you can’t get a relationship and you’re criticizing my relationships for telling you there’s other things to do in life?

I think you need help man

• archonet@lemy.lol
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            4 months ago

And you assumed that someone who’s lonely must not have any hobbies, and seem to believe hobbies are a replacement for human connection.

Get fucked, cunt.