“Consumption of milk per capita has gone down every year over the last 30 years,” says Sylvain Charlebois, director of the Agri-Food Analytics Lab at Dalhousie University. “Actually, it’s gone down by more than 20 per cent since 2015.”

While bagged milk is often cited as a unique Canadianism, it’s actually not sold west of Ontario. Those who prefer it, however, say it’s more cost efficient and some even believe it tastes better.

• GBU_28@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Some places do things a bit differently. More news at 11

• PhAzE@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Yea, it’s shipped in a rectangular bag. It goes into a milk holder that holds the bag snug, and you snip the corner off so it pours like a spout. The jug that holds it provides the handle and stability for the bag. When the bag is empty, toss it, put the next bag in.

• Leeker@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Is the bag held really well by the milk holder? I’d always worry about the bag tipping out of the milk holder, while pouring.

• PhAzE@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

Yea, I’ve been using it all my life and never once had a bag fall out.

• Kichae@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

Well enough. The bag of milk forces enough air that it’s basically suction held until the milk’s almost gone.