This study compares two websites with similar design: the commercial Spotlight template from developers of Tailwind vs the same site with semantic CSS.

• FlumPHP@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

But you didn’t use the word normal / plain / vanilla. You used proper, which is a loaded word.

• Lemminary@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

That is not true. You do need to know CSS to make proper use of Tailwind for anything beyond changing colors and padding. That’s the reason why the Intellisense VS Code extension gives the underlying CSS on hover. I’d love to see a newbie try content layout knowing nothing but Tailwind.

• shnizmuffin@lemmy.inbutts.lol
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

You could just as easily use the article’s title and save your opinions for the post body or the comments, but you didn’t.

Oh no, implicit bias. Twice!

• Kayn@dormi.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

Please just use the original title. Semantic CSS is an actual thing and it takes 2 seconds to google what it is.

• intensely_human@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

That guy just pulled the same “misinterpret what you said, pretend it was your fuckup instead of my own overeager interpretation problem” to me here: https://lemm.ee/comment/10695316

Your use of the word “proper” was … proper as a matter of fact. This guy’s just an idiot who enjoys adding a confounding interpretation with his own distorting commentary.