• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I’m “locked in” at t-mo on price and also have my cell phone with t-mobile. If you aren’t on a cell phone plan with them I think they were charging $50 a month. I don’t know how long they were offering the $30 deal. I swapped to them pretty early on them having it.

As for your port forwarding issue, t mobiles gateway may not offer that, but it has an ethernet port. Why don’t you plug your own wifi router into that and set up port forwarding there and then just treat the gateway as a modem?

• GiuseppeAndTheYeti@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I already have my own router connected to it, but I’m a very amateur networker. I taught myself pretty much everything I know through tutorials and blog posts. As far as my knowledge extends, there’s no way to open public facing ports through the T-Mobile firewall.

My current workaround is just hosting it on my parent’s network and using SCP to transfer my linux ISOs to the server. (Which…sidenote…why were we never taught anything about the SCP command in any computer courses in school?)