So I’ve got a rip of the Japanese Blu Ray of Evangelion, and I’d like to turn it from a jumble of numbered .mts files into something more useable. How do I get started going about that process? As an example, if I download a raw CD rip, I can use cuetools to turn it into a list of .flac tracks ready for listening. Is there some similar software (or multiple programs) for Blu Rays? I’m not really familiar with working with .m2ts files and don’t know where to start

EDIT: makeMKV worked (just to test, handbrake did as well, because the version I have has no DRM, but bear in mind that HandBrake is going to transcode/compress the resulting file by default). This turned the contents of the disk into 1 MKV file, which I could then run through MKVToolNix and split into individual episodes

• DonnieDarkmode@lemm.eeOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Yeah I actually stumbled across it while looking into some of the things mentioned in this thread. It came in handy when it was time to separate out the one large mkv into multiple smaller files. Unfortunately I can’t have it spit out individual episode files right away, because I have to manually open the mkv first see which chapters mark the beginning of a new episode

• axzxc1236@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Some video players can open .mpls files (usually found under PLAYLIST folder), if your video player supports that you probably can see chapters.