MaM and Geek and some other sites post a weekly 0-Day dump from the comic usenet boards.

So every week, all the comics for the week a dropped in one bundle. “0-Day Week” is what they’re called.

Make an feed in your usenet/torrent/autobrr client to auto dl these weekly packs. Then in mylar add it to the folder-monitor.

To “quickly” (processing takes a while) jumpstart a collection go to MaM and download entire years worth of comics and have mylar import them all.

Please use MaM as having seeders is really important for all these comics.

• Kerandir@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Upvoting but I don’t know what are you saying and if it’s valid. Maybe someone can confirm

• BitterSweetOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Some explanation, sorry I don’t know what you do and don’t know so forgive me if I go too far, perhaps someone else will learn too :3

0-Day is for scene (usually), basically the first release of pirated content. Like EDITH or CAKE (rip). In the comics sense they post to a usenet board, kinda like a super secret forum.

so the 0-Day Week bundle is a collection of all the 0-Day comics that were posted in that week to the usenet board

MaM and Geek are indexers that make it easier for people to find content to download. People post the 0-Day bundles there

You can settup an rss feed on these indexers to auto filter for these “0-Day Week” bundles. After you make the rss feed you can add it to your torrent client so it would automatically download any new weekly bundle.

Mylar is a comic book manager, like Sonarr/Radarr.

This settup will archive comics as they release week-by-week. More for people that want to host their own comic book server.

• spiderman@ani.social
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

MaM and Geek are indexers

I thought they were private trackers, correct me if I am wrong.

• BitterSweetOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            11 months ago

Only MaM is. They both “index” content though. Geek isn’t private, it’s just pay-to-use. I used “Indexer” just because it’s more general and still gets the point across

• Kerandir@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Hey thanks for replying and be very informative! I’m just a lurker and don’t do piracy ( I have not time to do it) but I like seeing discussion about it, I hope I didnt seem rude

• BitterSweetOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

Not rude lol, just made me realize that not everyone may know the terms I used!

• Kerandir@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

🤣🤣🤣 you are right, thanks for the laugh, I just wanted to give visibilty to the post that seemed interesting to me, seeing the number of up votes maybe a lot of folks thought the same

• baduhai@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Does work, while I haven’t used mylar specifically, I’ve downloaded these 0Day Weeks for a long time now.

• Rikudou_Sage@lemmings.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I usually just use Tachiyomi and add sources that look like they might contain comics. Currently rereading Sandman.

• Misanthrope@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Thanks for this. I really miss 32Pages and haven’t really been DLing comics too much. I found a good comic shop near me that fills my needs.

I must have missed that MaM has 0day comic releases. I’ll definitely hop on and seed those.

• BitterSweetOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Started downloading a bunch from the past few years but MaM only allows 150 un-satisfied torrents at a time so every three days I’ll be able to grab another 150 weeks worth.

• bblfrnz@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Have you tried dc++? Everyone was there back then and everyone is still there now. Basically it’s the best ever place for getting comics, 0day or some obscure 20 yo scans.

• Misanthrope@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I haven’t heard of this before! I’ve only glanced at the link you posted, I need time to give it a proper look. I need more hours in a day.

It looks awesome, at a glance!!! Maybe like SoulSeek, but comic nerds? I can’t wait to dive in (skepticism aside). Thanks for the link. It’s been hard to stay in the loop.

• glimse@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I don’t read them but for some reason the idea of pirating comics bums me out lol

• Brickfrog@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

FYI for those using public torrents Nemesis43 / Nem43 still uploads those comic packs/dumps to 1337x and Demonoid. Those torrents often get mirrored to TorrentGalaxy too.

• ScrivenerX@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

This is a long shot, but years ago uploaders would make art pages as signatures at the start of the comic. Is there any place where these are saved?

• ellipse@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I use tachiyomi with readcomiconline.li and readcomicsonline addon and I always get what I am searching for. I can download to read later and the ui is pretty good. Your solution sounds great but I don’t need all the comics in the world.

• Vlhacs@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Thank you for the info. Question now is, what is the best way to read them on a tablet?

• ExtraTorrential@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I personally use Tachiyomi or CDisplayEx if its on android. Or if it’s on my iPad then I use the paperback app using repos, or for my own collection I LOVE YAC reader. The guy who develops it is super cool and actually listens to requests when they make sense and it’s way better than Kavita or Komga IMO if you don’t mind using your PC as a server.

Edit: typos

• geekzapoppin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

It was great, but it hasn’t been in development in years. Don’t know how much longer it will function.

• BitterSweetOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

You can run Komga or anything with OPDS support then install and app that supports OPDS on your tablet. Mylar has a built in OPDS server option if you’re extra lazy 😎

I use Komga and “Paperback - A Komga Client” for my phone/ipad which I find to be a bit smoother then other OPDS clients though.

• RicoBerto@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Personally I use Kavita on my server that houses all my *arr apps. Not for everyone but I enjoy it.