• mozz@mbin.grits.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

What the fuck?

Biden armed the Israelis for four months of slaughter which he absolutely shouldn’t have done, but now seems to be at least a little bit against genocide. Too little too late but it’s better than most US presidents for whatever that’s worth.

Trump now wants to “finish the problem” in Gaza, and while he was president he took the US’s already-appalling Israel policy much further in the genocide direction. Biden had to restore it back to the norm when he got in, and the norm is a big open-air prison and shooting gallery, so that should tell you what Trump’s idea of good things in Palestine was.

• mozz@mbin.grits.dev
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Your shenanigans were supposed to be cheeky and fun

These shenanigans are evil, and tragic

• Dr. Wesker@lemmy.sdf.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          4 months ago

Why does an observation have to take a side politically? Why can’t it just be ironic?

I mean, the background of the meme is literally a bunch of bananas.

• mozz@mbin.grits.dev
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

Bananas aside, this is my sentiments exactly. I am subscribed to Funhole because it’s weird and harmless and I like it. And all of a sudden today it was serious and not harmless, which made the cheerful weirdness all of a sudden take on this kind of serial-killer vibe.

• Dr. Wesker@lemmy.sdf.org
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              4 months ago

Ah, okay, I understand. I myself just view this community as an absurdist dumping ground, so maybe I’m less taken aback.