• Hobbes@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Please show me an example of extreme Democrats trying to overthrow the US. This just isn’t the case and there is no “both sides” on this issue. The current conservative party in the US is not actually a conservative party. It is fear mongering bigotry and authoritarianism. Full stop. So stop acting like anyone is against the standard “progressive vs conservative” debate. We are outside of that normal.

• HopFlop
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

The democrats are by no means an extreme party. Those are not left extremists.

We are outside of that normal.

YOU are outside of that normal. But then, why do you project the disagreement with one party to the “standart progressive vs conservative debate”. You can’t take one party from one country that you dislike and genelarize that “condervative=bad”. That would be like saying “China’s social credit system is bad, therefore leftists are bad”. No!

By no means do I support the Republican party or their views but claiming conservative to be illegitimate just because your only choice of a conservative party is bad is so strange.

• Moneo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Does the fact that we think even “regular” conservatives have shitty beliefs make you feel better? Do conservatives want to fund public services? Do they want to reduce police funding? Do they want to reduce inequity and tax the rich? Trying to “conserve” the shitty past that we all share is a fucking shit ideology.

• HopFlop
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

Does the fact that we think even “regular” conservatives have shitty beliefs make you feel better?

I could already imagine what you think of their ideology. The problem I have is with labeling a general political orientation as illegitimate.

Do conservatives want to fund public services?

They probably don’t want to increase their funds. But yeah, public services exist for a reason. How many funds they should get it a debate to be had.

Do they want to reduce police funding?

Probably not (?), though would you mind explaining what the whole police defunding demands are about? Is it just currently viewed as a waste of money or what?

Do they want to reduce inequity and tax the rich?

They probably dont want to tax the rich more than they currently do, but yeah they would AFAIK still tax them (and tax them more than normal people). Inequality is a moral-based question again. You may find it fair if everyone has the same amount of money, someone else might find it fair that you get more money the more you earn, etc.