• SeaJ@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Not sure I would call myself a power user. While I did have a few posts over 50k, I was not exactly creating a ton of content. Still got an email though and decided against investing.

• protist@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

My few posts were almost exclusively in my local sub and plant identification, I never had a post crack 1000. Almost all my karma came from comments. Since I also got the offer, I’m guessing the bar was set very low

• kautau@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

Yep, same, think I had 65k karma, mostly from comments, got an email, also balked

• CALIGVLA@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Huh, I thought everyone received the email. Never made a single post on Reddit, only ever commented and still got the thing.

• VindictiveJudge@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

I think everyone got it out eventually, but I know they rolled it out in stages based on total karma. The more karma you had, the earlier you got the IPO email. And they didn’t distinguish between post and comment karma. I had almost no post karma, but 402k comment karma (mostly from account age), so I got emailed pretty early.

• BothsidesistFraud@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Right, why would I bother with the reddit IPO? IPO pricing is all over the place. If I want it - I don’t - I’ll buy it day 1.

• Altima NEO@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Similar story, though I had over 100,000 karma, I never made any posts. It was all comment karma. I got invitations on both my accounts, even though ones been retired for years and the other I stopped using after the bullshit last year.