• conditional_soup@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Oh my aching banana. We need to be dealing with climate change, car dependency, our fucked up healthcare system, our fucked up education system, microplastics pollution and a whole laundry list of issues. Instead we’re going to be spending the next forty years cleaning up after these fucksticks and resisting the tipping into fucking feudalism.

• Talaraine@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

History and tradition. You mean like precedent? That thing you’ve been railroading for years?

• karashta@kbin.melroy.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

The black man on the supreme court might want to rethink the stance on going with “history and tradition”.

Or maybe he thinks his vote should only count as 3/5 of a vote?

Oh right. It will be cherry picked bullshit that fits whatever corrupted crap they want to force onto all of us.

• Optional@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

1939 Nazi: Oh ja? And vat do you sink zis “modern fascist” look like?

Me: shows picture of Clarence Thomas

1939 Nazi: shoots self

Me: that’s tough, but fair.

• yesman@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

During Koch-funded trips to mountain resorts,

I read that as “Dunning Kruger-funded trips” and that was a mistake, but it wasn’t wrong.

• AngryCommieKender@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

That works with both the original German pronunciation of “cock,” as well as their made up pronunciation of “coke.” Nice little triple entendre there.

• iheartneopets@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

I like mispronouncing the Koch brother’s name as the Cock brothers. It’s petty and doesn’t mean much, but it makes me feel good. I have no other power against those fucks.

• Tylerdurdon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

So are they setting the precedent here for “policing themselves?”

I guess we can all start policing ourselves to the same degree. Doesn’t seem too tough. Hell, just get rid of the police.

• ChonkyOwlbear@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Funny how they care about the original meaning of words until it is something like the term “bear arms” in Heller.