Hi,

I’m trying to uninstall iterm2. I installed it via the installer from their webpage and tried to uninstall it by putting the application in the bin as usual. But it keeps reappearing. I also tried removing remaining files: "~/Library/Application Support/iTerm", "~/Library/Application Support/iTerm2", "~/Library/Application Support/com.apple.sharedfilelist/com.apple.LSSharedFileList.ApplicationRecentDocuments/com.googlecode.iterm2.sfl*", "~/Library/Caches/com.googlecode.iterm2", "~/Library/Cookies/com.googlecode.iterm2.binarycookies", "~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist", "~/Library/Saved Application State/com.googlecode.iterm2.savedState",

Still, iterm will pop up as soon as I start my mac. What is this shit? How can I get rid of it?

Answer: “This shit” is my stupid brain. I forgot I reinstalled iterm after my employer introduced a managed software center. It was the only app I installed via msc myself and thus did not think of it at first.

• tsonfeir@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Iterm2 doesn’t have an installer. It’s just a zip file with the app in it. When you received the application, did you have to run an installer? Did you have to enter your password?

• xtapaOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

It’s been a year since installment. I just got the whatever-it-installs from the iterm download page. I really don’t know what it asked me to do.

I have been wrong. I once installed it via the website, but since my employer introduced a managed software center, I uninstalled and reinstalled it via the MSC – and that kept reinstalling iterm.

• hydroptic@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

That’s… really weird. I wonder what the hell could be causing that. Have you tried rm -rfing the app package from the cli? I wonder if Finder isn’t somehow failing to actually delete it

• xtapaOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

I’ve tried uninstalling / removing via terminal and findet multiple times. It’s gone for the session, but there again after restart.

edit: It was my employers managed software center that reinstalled iterm.