• RedEye FlightControl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    712 months ago

Telegram added stories not too long ago and I feel the same way about that. It’s UI pollution we don’t want, and that we didn’t ask for, and that serves no real purpose.

• LucasWaffyWaf
      link
      fedilink
      182 months ago

Every time I get one of those from Telegram I always report it stating that nobody asked for it and that it’s utterly unnecessary for a messenger app.

• @Hexagon@feddit.it
        link
        fedilink
        252 months ago

Telegram started the enshittification route already. Premium version, locked features and stickers, spam about their crypto crap, and now these useless stories

• Dyskolos
          link
          fedilink
          82 months ago

Be glad it’s still there and found an okay way to pay for costs. Pavel might be rich, but tgram grew a bit big for a hobby/vision payment alone. And there’s nothing behind the paywall anyone really needa, so it’s fine for me. Better than selling my data and calling the app “free”. He never said it would never happen. He just promised (back then) that it would always remain free to use. Which it is.

The stories are annoying, yes. But people are using this shit. I don’t understand why, but I don’t get social media in general.

• Maiznieks
            link
            fedilink
            12 months ago

Premium costs a bit too much for me. I’d purchase it but not at that price.

• @Thrife@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      132 months ago

It’s funny to see that the only stories happening there are the ones from telegram itself. No one else in my contact list is using that since release.

• spez
    link
    fedilink
    English
    212 months ago

It’s a huge thing in Asia actually.

• @9point6@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    182 months ago

Available

Available

Hey there! I am using WhatsApp!

Available

Available

🥴🥴🥴

Hey there! I am using WhatsApp!

Available

Sleeping

Available

• Ujjwal Kanth
    link
    fedilink
    82 months ago

It is very popular in India. Especially for folks who don’t use Instagram.

• @DrinvictusOP
      link
      22 months ago

I just want themes. Any app regardless of whatever the fuck it is, banking, notes, video player, web browser… I want to customize it.