But under communist party rule you’ll be a coal miner 😉

• funkless_eck@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

I went to clown school, lived my 20s as an actor, now work in marketing for a software company.

But I’m still an actor. Can’t talk about a lot of my achievements without doxxing myself - but some world firsts, imdb credits, awards, etc

My day job bought me a house, my other job bought me life skills, enjoyment, friends, a sense of worth, achievement and happiness.

• originalucifer@moist.catsweat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

at what age do you become aware of the fact that just because you want something doesnt mean youll get something? this just comes of as petulant whining about reality.

and wtf does this have to do with the communist party??

e. nm, i see its a hexbear propaganda bleed

• HowMany@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

This is usually the case after growing up and discovering your dream job (as a kid) pays dick.

• BigMoe@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

I used to want to be a teacher, and would still consider it, but the drop in pay would be abysmal

• BigMoe@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

Agreed, and it could also be changed dreams. Maybe got older and found other interests. I feel like the comic could read just as well as a being surprised how far my chosen course was from what I used to want

• /home/pineapplelover@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

I wish they paid EMTs more. I was planning on going for an EMT cert for kicks and giggles if I had time but I couldn’t imagine doing it for a living because they get paid like shit for one of the most stressful jobs.

• BigMoe@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

I originally went to college to be a high school teacher but went into computer science when I found it. I had one semester where I was a geology major and a computer science minor (thought I could be an earth science/computer teacher), but decided I didn’t want to go in for something else just to be able to teach computers.

Eventually decided to do computers all the way and no regrets. Sometimes our dream jobs aren’t what we think I they will be.

Fun story, on the university website my freshman year, I first signed up under ‘Phys Teaching’ thinking “oh I love physics”. Turns out it was Physical Education Teaching. Yeah no

• InfiniWheel@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Its honestly amazing on its own that they are quite good at drawing as an EMT. You’d think they’d be so busy nowadays.

• Cratermaker
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Nothing wrong with being an EMT who does all those things as hobbies, unless the capitalist pigs to whom you sell your hours demand more than their fair share…

• JurassicPork@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Currently looking at this meme, working in EMS. And currently on shift right now, wouldn’t have it any other way, very rewarding job, pay is pretty decent (in Canada). This girl did alright than in this meme