Stop carrying both sunglasses and reading glasses.

• smileyhead
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

And of course their app from Google Play or App Store is needed giving you no control…

• scrion@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

I have glasses with prescription lenses that feature a much better (and better looking) frame and have magnetic, clip on, polarized glasses. They certainly didn’t cost $850 and the clip-on part is super slim and fits into whatever you’re using to carry the glasses anyway while not in use.

I’ll be interested in this in maybe 6 years when it’s $100.

• Peppycito@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

This is solving the other problem. I only need glasses to see up close. Turning my readers into sunglasses doesn’t help me walk around. Turning my sunglasses into readers would be very helpful.

• Itsamelemmy@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Cool tech, but $850. Makes me wonder though how long before vr tech makes it to prescription glasses. A pair of glasses that can eye track where you’re looking, determine the distance of your focus and adjust the prescription to be able to see clearly at all times would be awesome.

• ma11en@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

It takes a few hours to get used to vari-focal glasses with no expensive AI required.

• Itsamelemmy@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

I’m relatively new to glasses. I tried a pair from Zenni (maybe that was my problem) but I couldn’t use them. Had to tilt my head down to look out the top of the lens to see distance. Now I just have distance glasses and have to take them off if reading, phone etc.

• philipp_
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

It depends. Some people just can’t deal with them and always get nauseous.