EDF! EDF! EDF!

There’s no release date yet. Just announced in Famitsu magazine.

I am big Earth Defense Force fan, though haven’t played World Brothers yet. Well, I am actually playing EDF 5, so, I still have these games remaining:

• Earth Defense Force 5 (about half)
  • Earth Defense Force : Iron Rain
  • Earth Defense Force: World Brothers
  • Earth Defense Force 6

Add EDF: World Brothers 2 and that would be 5 games. Looking at positive side, I am never going to run out of EDF games.

Anyone here like EDF? And has anyone played World Brothers? How is it compared to other EDF games?

• 🇰 🔵 🇱 🇦 🇳 🇦 🇰 ℹ️@yiffit.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I tried EDF5 because Ssenzetherenth or whatever his name is had a video on it (and it was on PS+), and while I do like the super over the top craziness and arcadey action, the levels drag on way too long and it gets repetitive way before you actually get cooler shit to do. The UFO level was like 2 hours of the same shit.

• slimerancher@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Ah, don’t know about Ssenzetherenth (or whatever his name is), but yeah, the game is repetitive, that’s the whole point of the game, just mindlessly shooting tons of stuff.

As for the UFO level, do you mean the last mission? Yeah, it dragged a bit, but I played it again, and since I knew what to do was able to finish much quickly. It was a long one though.