• rektdeckard@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

Hey bud. You can still choose to be kind today.

Step back for a sec and think about what it would be like for someone to judge your experience of a traumatic event from just a few sentences. You might have misspoken or written it out wrong. You definitely missed some important details. Maybe you embellished or condensed some things to be easier for a stranger to grasp.

I’m not saying this rhetorically. Actually stop and just think for a sec.

Does that help put in perspective why everyone thinks you’re being unfair to OP?

• beardown@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

Someone correctly indicating that mixed race children have lower standards of living in racist countries such as the United States is not someone who should be shunned

• rektdeckard@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

As someone else in this thread already pointed out, you are conveniently ignoring the OP’s assertion that the “friend” had themselves become a racist, and later STALKED OP. I can’t believe it has to be explained that stalkers shouldn’t be defended.

Let’s say hypothetically OP was in the wrong, and totally misread the entire situation. They cut someone out of their life who didn’t deserve it. That’s STILL their fucking prerogative. They don’t deserve to be stalked for it.

Also you’re siding with somebody who has since recognized they were in the wrong. Read their later replies.

• beardown@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          3 months ago

I really don’t think OP is a credible source, and I don’t find their account to be remotely believable.

My point is that, as a work of creative fiction, not only is their post unbelievable, it’s also internally inconsistent

• yuriy@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            3 months ago

And you take that as an invitation to do this shit?

Your opinion has been weighed on the scales of this public forum and has been found wanting.

You can go whenever.

• beardown@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              3 months ago

To do what shit, precisely?

Also, if you communicate like this in person then I doubt you have loved ones or friends. Perhaps you should work on that rather than defending racism and believing lies online

• yuriy@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                3 months ago

Actually my friends and loved ones display basic human empathy. They don’t berate strangers over the authenticity of their trauma. So I do afford them quite a bit more couth than I feel you’ve earned in this interaction.

I hope that isn’t projection on your part, by the way. At this point I mostly just feel bad for you.

• beardown@lemm.ee
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  3 months ago

If someone correctly stating that mixed race children have worse outcomes in the United States than white children causes “trauma” in anyone, then that person is too mentally weak to be left unsupervised. Let alone vote.

You can’t just throw the word trauma around, especially when it’s describing an event that didn’t actually happen. Pop psychology is the domain of midwits and advertisers, not thinking people

• yuriy@lemmy.world
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    3 months ago

You are all over the fucken place, now the person who told that story shouldn’t be allowed to vote?

Pseudo-intellectualism probably plays better in the crowds you roll with than it does here.

It’s a good goddamn thing you just think you’re a psychologist.