Good news everyone!

This week’s midweek discussion question is a simple one:

What is your favorite genre?

My favorite are fantasy novels. Bonus points for everything that has a leg in the Slice of Life genre as well. Even more bonus points for everything that has little to no drama. I read to relax I can only read so many books that don’t let me relax at a given time. Reading the current arc of Bookworm is exhilarating and bad for my finger nails, but I really need something comfy in between.

• I2jgwh0hYtxrCZQ@lemmy.sdf.orgM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Thanks for the recommendations.

Cooking with wild game - I tried to read it but wasn’t getting into it at the time. After Bookworm everything had lost its appeal. I think it was because you see a lot about the characters in bookworm but obviously a new book is still setting the scene instead of giving the characters growth (And he wasn’t a little gremlin causing everyone headaches). I will have to try again after a few weeks.

Kuma kuma kuma bear- is on my list to read.

FUNA - Yeah I also read I will survive on potions and watched saving 80000 gold. They are all the same sort of vein.

Wandering witch - I will need to look into. I never really got into the anime.

Leadale - I am not sure why it appealed. It might just be the wholesome character and the comfy story. Basically just fluff.

• NineSwords@ani.socialOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

To be fair, it’s really hard to compare anything to Bookworm. These series keeps blowing my mind. I could come up with some series outside of the lightnovel space but inside, I don’t think anything’s quite on the same level. And no-one is quite a loveable gremlin causing headaches ;)

I recommended Wandering Witch more because of the story structure to be honest. That one distinct arc per volume thing loosely connected by some overarching plot.

For just fluff, I really enjoyed My Quiet Blacksmith Life in Another World and So You Want to Live the Slow Life? A Guide to Life in the Beastly Wilds. The later one is comfy but worth are feel-good fluff. Can’t go wrong with them.