Tidal has found the right way to share music with friends.

Instead of sharing a Tidal-specific song link with friends, now you can let them choose the service they want to open it with — whether it’s Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon Music. Tidal is rolling out universal links today, and you can see how it looks in the screenshot below.

• smileyhead
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

The right way is to share a music file.

• VeganCheesecake@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

I feel like odesli/song.link uses screen space more efficiently, but it kinda comes down to preference.

Edit: Replaced the Screenshots with light mode ones, the dark mode ones had screwed up colours.

• willya@lemmyf.uk
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

True, I like them both. I don’t remember the mobile screen looking so clean on odesli when I was using it initially. I used to solely use it. Thanks for the heads up.

• Tolstoshev@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Just learned about this in a chatroom today and it’s perfect. Now I don’t have to choose between excluding people with a Spotify link or subjecting them to YouTube ads.

• li10@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Nice, now I just need to find a way to get people to actually like my music recommendations 🤔

• MorrisonMotel6@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Between this, Tidal’s elimination of MQA, their recent pricing decisions, and Spotify littering their app with podcasts and now learning videos, I’ve never been happier with my music service. Thanks, Tidal

• elooto@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I’ve been using Songwhip.com for this purpose. It’s an extra step but worth it if you want to make it easy for a group to listen.