apparently r/anarchism has been in lockdown for quite some time now and they link to their own reddit alternative called raddle.me, which is not fediverse integrated, sadly. they also have a long list of alternatives, but lemmy isn’t one of them

That seems to be the case because lemmy’s main dev is a ml. (edit: meaning 'marxist leninist, apologies for not being clear on that)

It’s somewhat sad for me because the whole philosophy of the fediverse is anarchistic in its core, it is how it should be, it is how the internet should work. So I wondered - what are the biggest anarchistic communities in the fediverse so far?

edit: here some context I found on raddle: 1 2 3

• Azzu@lemm.ee
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

It’s ridiculous how many people completely dismiss something/someone just because of one thing. True, the main Lemmy devs seem to have some very questionable views on some topics. But they also quite obviously care a lot about privacy, free and open platforms, decentralization of power, I’ve not found any evidence of them censoring or even shittalking any opposing views, and their goal is to have a world where everyone is well taken care of and there’s no corporate greed ruining communities.

It’s just irrational blind hate because of political disagreement. Politics is the mind-killer.

• nichtsowichtig@feddit.deOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I think it is worth pointing out that this entire rivaly (if you can call it that) between lemmy and raddle is wayyy older than the reddit migration. Back them these spaces consisted mostly of leftists and their differences seem much more insignificant now that so many “normies” join the plattform. And I guess this whole federation thing seemed a lot less compelling when there were only of handful active communities about a pretty limited set of topics

• lumpen2@slrpnk.net
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Yeah it goes way back to the early days of lemmy, and it should be said that the the main Lemmy developers have from the begining been very welcoming to anarchists, have encouraged and helped anarchists run instances, and generally been very diplomatic and comradely despite obvious ideological differences.

Contrast that with the raddle people who were hostile from the begging and I think still are even opposed to the idea of federation itself – an irony many have pointed out, anarchists being against decentralization – the take that ‘federation is just a fad’ could be said 5 years ago but definitely not now. I think the raddle people are just really attached to their platform postmill and the dev never intended to do federation.

A problem with the whole ML milieu, is you have more serious Marxist-leninists who have very nuanced views of marxism, and are critical of Stalin or Mao and the like, are willing to work with people who disagree with them, and then you have people who call themselves ML’s who are really red fash i.e. think Putin is great – some non-zero number of these people are probably russian or chinese bots, let’s be real.

Before lemmygrad all the tankiest* tanks were on the main lemmy.ml and they were were just a bunch of meanies. It’s like every day was Tianamen Square ( which is like Christmas in tankistan ) so if you were an anarchist they’d harass the fuck out of you, so this fed into the idea that the "friendly* attitude of the admin’s was just a ploy to fuck with anarchists, like a “beware of bolsheviks bearing gifts” type situation and anarchist were being led into some kind of virtual kronstadt. But as time went on the platform grew and those little commissars were gulaged into lemmygrad and that became less of a problem.

And to be fair, anarchists have these kind of liabilities too, like eco extremists and ted k fanboys. And lo and behold they all have accounts on raddle.me

*and no i don’t just call everyone a tankie, but if you just love Stalin and dedicate endless hours of your life “debunking” the holodomor, yes, you’re a tankie lol

• balls_expert@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

There’s no reason to care about any of that, anyone can fork the code and self host. The dev could be neofascist, it would barely just mean that maybe you should audit the code or make sure somebody you trust already did.

• dingleberry
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s ridiculous how many people completely dismiss something/someone just because of one thing.

I read your whole comment and nodded in agreement…only to see the namedrop of Harry Potter Fanfic guy.