• Annoyed_Crabby@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

HAHAHHAHA

Great joke, but okay. “Wat” because your original comment is so out of touch and so one-sided.

• APassenger@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

I haven’t seen 1 person tell someone that they should get Sync and act like it’s a moral obligation to do that one thing.

I’ve seen people say they’ve felt that they felt happy or obliged to support the dev, but that’s not the same.

What I have seen on Lemmy, repeatedly, is stunted little “adults” waltzing around moralizing about things that they feel they should feel about.

It’s like watching left leaning fundies worry about “the wrong gender” using a restroom. It’s just not something worth spending hours telling people they’re doing it wrong.

It is, however, worth telling the arbitrary gatekeepers that they’re not going to be successful.

To return to point: I’m not hung up on downvotes, but they are an objective metric. That comment of mine got 3 downvotes. 3. That’s not in anyway indicative of a lack of cogency or being in left field.

Bro, you make lemmy look like the average IQ can only go up. As can the discourse.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

I haven’t seen 1 person tell someone that they should get Sync and act like it’s a moral obligation to do that one thing.

You sure?

What I have seen on Lemmy, repeatedly, is stunted little “adults” waltzing around moralizing about things that they feel they should feel about.

I sure doesn’t see anyone moralizing this stuff. If calling stuff expensive with no regional pricing is “moralizing” the thing, then ohh boy i feels like your last line is actually talking about yourself.

In fact i feels like your whole talking point can be apply to yourself lol.

• APassenger@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

You’re misrepresenting that post.

Par for the course.

The only moral “obligations” I’ve drawn are: Treat people civilly or be ready for incivility Have enough sense to mind your own fucking business.

I’m not going to tell you you’re wrong for shopping around the free stuff. And you shouldn’t tell me I shouldn’t be happy having found something I’ve liked for years. Or call me a sucker. Or be derisive.

But arguing with fools is a fool’s errand. Have the last word. Just don’t embarrass yourself.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              11 months ago

Lemmy sure inherit a lot from Reddit, including the level 100 mental gymnastics lol.

But yes, i shouldn’t continue arguing with fools.

Edit: beside, i never said i want it to be free. It is expensive and the alternative is free and is equally good. I guess i shouldn’t argue with fools from the beginning after all as they only come in with full emotion.